Assembly and Tuning Procedures for 2 Meter
/70 CM Dual Band Linear Polarized Satellite Yagi
1. Unpack and separate all parts, element rods,
retaining nuts for the element rods, T matches etc.
2. Mount the T match this way: with the feedpoint connectors going towards the front of the antenna. (see pics on our website) as this shows the mounting very clearly.
3. Mount the element mounting blocks in the
corresponding holes in the boom. They are drilled symmetrical
so they will mount either way. Snug the nylon insert lock nuts
but do not torque them down tightly. The driven element has it's
own separate block. This block has a set screw protruding from
the front to secure the element. Mount this block with the set
screw head towards the front of the antenna (away from the reflector
element) and at the same time you must mount the T match. The
orientation of the block is usually marked on the boom. The boom hole sets will be marked VHF and UHF.
4. Mount the element rods. The longest rod is the reflector, the Driven Element is the ¼" dia. The element rods mount in descending order of length with the reflector being the longest while just snugging the socket head screw in the block.
5. Slide the shorting bars onto the T match
rods and driven elements. Set the distances as follows for lowest
2 meter side:Approx. 2 ¾" The above distances are measured from the inside face of the shorting bars to the end of the T matchbox, not the end of the black bushing. You may have to vary this a little but the setting is not critical or precise.
70 CM side: all the way out.
6. Once the antenna is assembled lift it with
your hand to find the center of gravity and mount the boom to
mast plate at that point, between two element rods of course.